If you would like to attend a free webinar on how to attain a Better You, please send me your first name and email address to sethtrosclair@gmail.com.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Week 5

Well, things are getting really hectic around here! I just started a third job- Chick Fil A. I do make those uniforms look good! But working 3 jobs sure does drain it out of you!
As part of getting healthy, my wife and I are learning about different problems with the body and how to fix them. And what better place to start than with stress and adrenal fatigue! In these days of picking up coffee (my wife) or drinking down energy drinks and soda (me), we don't think about the negative reaction that can occur to our already depleted and stressed out bodies.
Cortisol is a very important hormone that regulates all the other hormones. When cortisol gets out of whack due to stress the following symptoms can occur: fatigue, intense carbohydrate cravings, hard time recovering from sickness or surgery, mood swings, weight gain around the middle, inflammation, pain, food intolerance, and allergies- to name a few.
The problem is when we get stressed out and fatigued, we go to caffeine to give us the boost we need to get thru the day. Caffeine dumps adrenaline into our systems which lasts there for 18 to 20 hours. Now, here comes the big problem. You are tired, but you're brain is wired. You toss and turn and can't get the sleep you need for the body to repair itself. What do you do when you wake up and you're feeling exhausted- coffee or energy drinks! It's just a big circular pattern that puts your body into a downward spiral.
So, what do we do about it? Oh, yes! I did research like a Chinese Uncle! (If you or your kids watched the Jackie Chan cartoon, you're laughing right now!)
To get over adrenal fatigue we must address 4 basic issues: 1) Glycemic regulation or blood sugar, 2) Inflammation, Pain, and Infection, 3) Adrenaline Production, 4) Rest, Repair, Rejuvenation. When we can get these 4 factors under control, we will see significant changes in our fatigue!
First, Glycemic regulation. To regulate your blood sugar properly you need protein. Protein stabilizes the blood sugar for long periods of time. It's very important for you to have protein with each meal, especially breakfast. You need a good multivitamin. The Lean and Healthy kit provides both the protein and the vitamins. Plus, you need to eat more veggies and less starches (breads, pastas, cereals, potatoes, etc). And also avoid alcohols and sugars.
Next, Inflammation, Pain, and Infection. The main protocol for these is to cut wheat and dairy from your diet- that's because those 2 things (gluten and casein) are triggers for allergies which can cause these problems. Next get some Omega Guard and GLA in your system!
Thirdly, Adrenaline Production. You need to get the adrenaline out of your body. You don't need to be in a constant "fight or flight" state of mind. It's not healthy! Avoid caffeine and intense situations, also avoid tv shows, movies, news, or even people that make you anxious. For the extra mile, get some extra B vitamins and give Vivix a try- It helps to repair your body at the cellular level.
Lastly, Rest, Repair, and Rejuvenation. Do something playful or creative (gardening, reading, praying, crafts); whatever you enjoy, just have fun! Get some motion in your day. You need to get that adrenaline out! So, go for a walk, take a bike ride, go swimming, whatever! And get some quality sleep. If you need help in that department try Stress Release, Gentle Sleep, VitalMag, or Osteomatrix supplements. All these supplements are safe for women who are expecting except the Vivix!
 
There's also this amazing spray called NutraSpray Melatonin- works wonders! Caution: do not operate any machinery while using, heavy or otherwise! This product is for adults only, and should not be taken by children, teenagers, or pregnant women.
Those are the steps we're taking to get our adrenals under control. My wife has threatened my life if I remove her coffee- and she meant it! There was this look in her eyes and she was growling! I don't like the stuff, but apparently it's an attitude stimulator for her- I think I'll let her keep it! I just backed away all slow like!
As for me, I've been doing real well taking my shakes twice a day and a Vitalizer strip every day. However, Friday I ran route (which I don't normally do) and forgot to drink my second shake and take my Vitalizer. I was wiped out when I got home! I didn't realize how much energy the Shaklee gave me until I went without it one day. No time for exercise. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to weigh myself before my next entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment