If you would like to attend a free webinar on how to attain a Better You, please send me your first name and email address to sethtrosclair@gmail.com.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Week 3

Things are going pretty good. I'm getting use to the flavors and I've been experimenting! I make up a shake and then shove it in the freezer for an hour or so, and then, I have an ice cream smoothie. I've yet to try anything crazy, like fruit. My wife takes hers with Almond Milk, and she seems to like that. I'm a traditionalist- cow milk!
I've been learning some amazing things about protein. Especially since my wife keeps researching these products and telling me what she found out! I don't need information. I just want to know if they work and how to use them. But, we are opposites! So for all those opposites out there- HERE YOU GO!
First, people aren't getting enough protein in their diets. I checked how much meat my wife used in dinners each night. We only eat about 1.5 lbs of meat for a family of 5 each night! That made me want a triple baconator! Okay, still not thinking "healthy".  ;)
Next, it's not the protein that's important, it's the amino acid content of the protein that's important. A doctor down in Florida has used Shaklee and checked the amino acid content of the blood and found that after 2 weeks of taking Shaklee protein (180 shakes) the amino acid content was actually going up! My wife finds this fascinating! I'm just going to pretend to understand all this.
When you add stress to your day, your body goes to your muscles to get the amino acids that you need. You start to lose your muscle mass! Muscle breakdown is caused by a lack of amino acids in the blood. Shaklee 180 shakes helps your body overcome these problems. So, when I actually get the time to workout, I'm going to start looking good!
Another problem is that your body can't fully break down animal protein, and it can show up in the kidneys as acids and crystals. So it appears that you're getting too much protein, when you're actually getting the wrong kind of protein. Amazing that there's such a huge difference in protein! I'm rethinking the triple Baconator. :/
And lastly, your body needs certain amino acids to utilize the protein that is in it. It's like having the supplies for a project (protein) without having the tools (leucine- amino acid) to finish the project. And 1 shake actually costs less than a Baconator. Man! I reallly want a Baconator!

But, back to me and my journey. The working out has been kinda non-existent, but I work 2 jobs so I don't really have the time. I did help my wife shave our dog- that was a workout! The dog looked almost clean afterwards. Maybe I'll get to bathe him one day- another workout? 

No comments:

Post a Comment