If you would like to attend a free webinar on how to attain a Better You, please send me your first name and email address to sethtrosclair@gmail.com.

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Week 9

So, I'm just trucking along in my weightloss journey. Trying to get in a little exercise, trying to get a couple of free days a week, and trying to spend some time with my family. I walked through the door at 11:00 pm last week and one of my kids said, "Who are you?" I've been away from home way too much!
My wife was pretty happy when I last weighed myself. Then she says, "I'm going to start adding medium chain triglycerides to your shakes and see how that helps!" First off, I have no idea what she just said. And secondly, she had that look in her eyes that makes me wanna hide!
She just laughed at me when I said, "Say what?!?!" Then she explained that she was talking about virgin coconut oil and that it would help my body lose the weight faster while giving me more energy. Okay, as long as it doesn't taste nasty and I'm not downing spoonfuls of oil, I'll try it. I don't want to plateau!
Many toxins are lipid soluble, meaning they are stored in the fat. Our body must change them into water soluble materials to eliminate them. All toxins alter the body's metabolism. As our chemical toxicity increases the need for detox become imperative.
When we start to lose weight, we release toxins into the blood stream and they throw our endocrine system for a loop! The person starts to feel awful and then they plateau- that's the body saying "I can't handle any more toxins in my system". The answer to plateau is detox.
The body will not release more toxins until you clean out the ones previously released into it. You can detox by eating lots of raw foods or juicing, balancing the intestinal flora, increasing fiber (10-15 grams for children; up to 40 grams for adults/ per day), eating green leafy vegetables, and getting your body to an alkalized PH.
HerbLax will help to cleanse the intestines. Liver DTX will help to flush the liver. A great detox start is alfalfa, HerbLax, and Liver DTX. These in conjunction with Protein and Vitalizer will help provide the nutrients each system needs to function properly, maintain blood sugar and stabilize insulin, and kick start the detoxification process. Add in fiber, hydration, exercise, stress management, and sleep and you'll detox better and lose weight faster. 

Exercise is helpful to get the blood flowing and the toxins moving out. I think that's why I saw a good amount of weight loss when I started working at Chick Fil A- it was 5 hours of running around and lifting heavy boxes. I started getting exercise, even if it wasn't aerobic or weight training. All the body needs is a little movement and it will do what it's suppose to!
I still don't think "healthy". One night after church, we were driving home and I looked at my wife and said, "I'm craving cinnamon rolls." Now, my wife loves cinnamon anything, so I was hoping she'd say something about getting some. She looked at me, smiled, and said, "I want steak." Man, I love that woman! We had a nice little meal of steak and cinnamon rolls that night. One splurge night every so often is healthy, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment